WGA Membership & League Information
2020 Membership Dues ………. $20
Dues must be paid to be eligible for prizes in league, or participate in WGA Saturday and Sunday events or WGA sponsored tournaments.
Ladies Day is Wednesday from 7:00 – 10:30 a.m. from May through September. The course is open to all Arrowhead ladies. Tee times may be made from 7:00 until 10:30 a.m. All WGA members are eligible for the league game as long as they sign in at the Pro Shop and tee off between 7:00 and 10:30 a.m. Scorecards need to be turned in to the Pro Shop following play and scores will be figured by Deb Feltenstein. Scorecards need first and last names written on the card as well as the player’s handicap, and the date or game played. Game winners will be posted in the ACC Clubhouse Entrance and on the website. Prizes will be awarded on Closing Day for all events. Please join us for WGA weekly meetings before play at 8:30 a.m. We will be offering free coffee, tea and snacks on Wednesday mornings.
Tips to speed up "slow play"
- “READY GOLF” – if you’re at your ball and read to play, HIT. Don’t use the honor system. That is for the PROs!
- Let the player with the shortest driving skills hit first.
- Take practice swings while others are playing their shots.
- Whenever possible, putt out instead of marking your ball.
- Line up your putt while other players are putting. Don’t distract players who are putting.
- When someone in your group is having problems in the bunker or rough, help her find her ball. There is a maximum of 3 minutes to look for your ball.
- Record your scores at the next tee.
- Always carry extra balls and tees in your pocket, especially when playing holes with hazards.
- Know the basic rules of golf. Carry a rule book in your bag.
- Don’t turn a between nines refreshment stop into a long lunch.
- If you have an open hole in front of you, ask the faster players behind you to play through.
- If a slow group in front of you doesn’t ask you to play through, it is your responsibility to ask them if you can.
- If you are unsure of club selection, take one or two extra clubs.
- Drop off your partner at his ball then go directly to yours.
- Park the cart to the side of the green nearest the next tee.
- Pick up after 10 strokes if you do not wish to play in the Wednesday event
- Be courteous. No one should move, talk, or stand close to, or directly behind the ball or hole when a player is addressing the ball or making a stroke.
- Limit the time spent looking for a lost ball to three (3) minutes.
- Before leaving a bunker, a player should rake the trap and place rake back into the trap.
- A player should replace all divots and use sand-seed mixture to fill holes.
- Fix all ball marks on the green even if they are not yours.
- Keep up pace of play or let others play through.
- Always be ready to hit when it is your turn.
- Make it a habit to watch everyone’s ball so that it will be easier to find.
WGA Tournament Rules
WGA Tournament Rules:
- All WGA Tournaments will require a current course handicap.
- Maximum amount of handicap allowed is 36.
- Members wishing to enter any tournament must sign up in the Pro Shop.
- A minimum of 8 players is required for any given tournament. With less than 8 competitors, that tournament will be cancelled due to lack of interest.
- Matches should be played early. Only emergencies and illness will be considered acceptable reasons for extending play date.
- If you cannot play at all, please forfeit.
- Please contact your opponent regardless of where your name is positioned on the tournament sheet.
- In tournament play both players should keep score. After completing each hole, compare scores.
- When play is complete, date and sign both cards, turn them into the Pro Shop, and post the winner.
- If there is any discrepancy, contact the Club Pro.
- Ball may be played up or down. Player’s choice.
USGA Handicap System
18-Hole Course Handicap / Maximum Number on any Hole
9 or less / 6*
10 – 19 / 7
20 – 29 / 8
30 – 39 / 9
40 and above / 10
9-Hole Course Handicap / Maximum Number on any Hole
4 or less / 6*
5 – 9 / 7
10 – 14 / 8
15 – 19 / 9
20 and above / 10
*No more than a double bogey
Local WGA Rules
Local WGA Rule:
On Wednesday C flight may pick up your ball after 10 strokes. This will help speed up play and moral. A & B flights, if you pick up your ball, you will not be eligible for the Wednesday event.
The ball cannot be carried over the water. If it is, the hole is not considered complete and your score cannot be recorded for prizes.
Local Rule Exception:
ALL golfers must try to hit over the water one (1) time, and then may carry their ball to the other side to the drop area provided on holes 9 and 14. There is a one (1) stroke penalty for each ball hit into the water plus a one (1) stroke penalty for carrying the ball to the other side. For example, you hit your drive to the bottom of hole 9, your second shot goes into the water. You can hit your fourth shot from the same side, or you can carry your ball to the drop zone on the other side, and you’ll hit your fifth (2 stroke penalty) shot from the drop zone. THIS LOCAL RULE APPLIES DURING LADIES DAY (WEDNESDAY) BUT NOT DURING TOURNAMENT PLAY.